Saturday, August 9, 2008

COMPUTER LUCK AND A WORKING GAL WITH ONE OVARY

I took my computer back to Best Buy a couple of weeks ago because of the mishap with the water. I didn't mention the water by the way. Horrible I know but I didn't want to have to pay another 800.00 for another one. I had not heard anything from HP and since it was still under the manufacturers warranty, I went online to check the status to see if they would even fix it. It said that it was being repaired so I called my local Best Buy to make sure they were going to fix it like it said since I had not gotten a call back like they said. The Geek Squad dude said that actually I was eligible for a REPLACEMENT!!! WOWZA! I was in complete shock. I hopped in the car and drove all the way into Bowling Green for the new one. I got there and they didn't have the same kind and were going to try to ship me one. I explained that I drove 25 miles and that I wanted a computer now. After checking in their system, they said they could give me one that was comparable because actually they do not make them like mine anymore. Don't make it anymore??? I just bought it in June! They had another one that was just like mine but it was a special metallic penny/copper/red color and was $100 more only because of the special color. I asked him if I could get that one even though it was more. The dude looked at me like I was crazy and I said..."okay, I'll purchase the extended warranty if you give me this one." He went to his manager and everything was a-go! I had planned on purchasing the warranty anyway and now I have an even more awesome laptop! It's soooo pretty! YEAH! 2 years of accidental coverage! That's what I'm talking about! WUHU! Dropped, spilled, issues and it's all covered for 2 years! WHOOPIE!

I completed my first full week of work yesterday. I absolutely LOVE it! The people are so nice and helpful. They call me part of the family now and it's so nice. Most law offices I've worked with have had very little staff and actually I was usually the only person working in the whole office. To have people all around me is so nice! They complimented me all week and said I was doing a great job! I thanked my HR lady again for such a nice week and told her I loved it. She told me that it was nice to have someone that cared so much for the job, that wanted to do it right and that I was doing an excellent job! Yeah for Crystal! Score! I love being part-time. Our office opens at 8:30 a.m. and I get off work at 12:48 p.m. It's 12:48 because the other receptionist and I are to have the exact same hours. I'm hoping in the future that I am able to move to a full-time position and am able to utilize my Paralegal experience and education! The pay isn't bad for a full-time position either. They pay all full-time people salary -- with benefits! I really think for one time that I have found my calling. I love to help people and this is the perfect aspect of law for me. They handle a lot of family law which I absolutely love. They also service 35 counties in Kentucky (ours is the biggest office and is the main office of the KLA) so there is lots of work to be done.

I really like being out of the house. 4 hours go by so quickly its almost like I just went out on a shopping trip. Brock likes to sleep late so he is asleep for a good majority of the time I'm at work. We haven't really told him that I'm working. Granny was talking about it one day and he seemed unhappy and said that "mommy stay home with me." He thinks that work means how daddy works. Gone all week, home only for a few days! So, I've been mentioning to him when I get home that mommy had to just go to work for a little bit. He always says, "mommy, you come back. You came back mommy. Oh, I missed you. I'm so sorry I lost you." He freaked out at the beauty pageant his sister was in because I was on stage and then gone, on stage then gone. He thought I left him and that he lost me. I'm not so sure what this separation anxiety is. Is it because daddy is now working out of town? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. I don't know what I'm going to do when it comes time for school next year. (Actual Kindergarten) The Big Red School called and asked if I was interested in a slot and I said yes. I haven't heard anything back from them yet. All of the good pre-schools are full by now. I was told to check a couple by one of our attorneys at work. I just don't know. I know he needs to go, I'm just so freaked out by it. I like Big Red School but I just don't agree with some things and the feeling I get from it. I know they are great educators, no question about that, I just think he needs a little one on one time with a teacher.

Great news! As I have been working on this blog (all day) I received a call from a pre-school. It was suggested to me by an attorney at work. She said her daughter blossomed and became so confident and comfortable in the program. It is called Pre-school Learning Center and is at the Presbyterian Church in downtown Bowling Green. They offered me a slot! Monday, Wed. and Friday from 9am to 1:30 p.m. He would spend lunch with his friends there but wouldn't be there too long. All of the educators are certified to teach. There is a cirriculum but the best part is that there are only 10 kids in his class plus 1 teacher and 1 aide. They get more one on one time. They will learn to write with Writing without Tears, do crafts, music, science, etc. They follow the school schedule of the Bowling Green City Schools. Brock and I go on Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. to tour the school!!! YEAH! I'll let you know how it goes!

I have to go...I'm done with this blog...for now anyway.

No comments: