Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cancer

I just don't understand why people get cancer. Yes, I know there are risk factors....blah blah but I just don't get why anyone gets it. My papaw's neice is battling cancer with her son. He is 14 years old and has a tumor in his ankle I believe. It is Ewing's Sarcoma and they will be starting treatments soon. There is a website that his dad updates and keeps everyone informed. It is www.caringbridge.org/kanemartin

The outcome of Kane's treatment looks good, I just don't understand how any child could be battling cancer. It is so sad.

Another relative of mine has been battling cancer for a while now and she is in Little Rock Arkansas at a treatment facility. I believe, according to her site that she has hit rock bottom and the treatments are really breaking her body down. I grew up playing with her daughters. www.caringbridge.org/lanayoung

It just seems like these days people are getting so sick with things that just can't be cured. Some people fight and are able to win the battle, it just completely puzzles me as to why we have these "plague."

Anyhow, I've been up since 3am. Don't know why...well, Berk got up for a bottle and I just didn't go back to sleep. I'm supposed to babysit for a friend this morning for a couple of hours. He is Berkley's boyfriend! Only 2 days older than her. This should be very interesting. It will be like having Brock and twins!!! They are soooo cute together though and Nolan is a sweet baby!!!!

Talk to everyone soon.

Crystal

No comments: