Saturday, September 20, 2008

Summer Gala

I was invited by one of our attorney's at Kentucky Legal Aid, Friday night to a Summer Lights Gala to benefit the Barren River Area Child Advocacy Center here in Bowling Green. One of our attorneys at work had an extra ticket because her husband could not attend because they didn't have a babysitter. BRACAC is an organization that specializes in investigating, treating and support for children of sexual abuse as well as family support. It is a great organization and many many families have and do use their services.

I had an excellent time with Rebecca. I met many people such as doctors, nurses, attorneys...and the list goes on. The dress was cocktail/casual so of course I went to buy a new dress and shoes. Thank goodness for TJ Maxx. I was able to get a dress for a little less than $30.00 which was short, black and the back was cut a little low. My shoes were leopard print ($34.99) and my black clutch was $7.99. All proceeds from the fundraiser and silent auction, every single penny, went to help a child or the family.

I'll post more later.

Love to you all,
Crystal

No comments: