Friday, July 4, 2008

Proud new members of BGCC

Our family is proud to announce that we are the newest members of Bowling Green Country Club! WUHU! They have lots of children there Brock's age and lots of family activities! Greg and I received complimentary dinner last night for joining. It was delicious.

On another note...yesterday was not a great day...AT ALL. As Berkley was throwing one of her fits, she pulled my glass of water off the end table. Low and behold, it spilled ALL OVER my brand new laptop and now it is BROKEN. Doesn't work at all. I can't even talk about it. Still sick over it. I think I bawled my eyes out for an hour. Sobbing, bawling. Greg blamed me and said it was my fault because I don't pick up the house...Let's just leave it at that. Not pretty. On a good note, Berkley now has her 3rd tooth. The top, left front! Too cute!

Anyhow...after my breakdown, we went to the club to join. It really is beautiful there. Greg loves their golf course and if he plays golf 4 times a month, it will be worth the monthly dues because as a non-member, you pay $50 to play 18 holes. They have a great pool, baby pool and monthly activities for families. They have many social's (parties) throughout the year that we can attend. The only bad thing is that my ex boss belongs there. Greg said he was on the course last weekend and Bill was pointing at Greg and talking about him to his friend playing golf. Not cool. I have a feeling Bill will try to run us into the ground. Luckily as members...we don't have to take it and Greg said he will promptly take up for me or us to Bill and set him straight. Ya know...he has been through 2 secretaries since I've been gone and it's only been a year and a half. He's nuts. Greg and I decided that he can play golf while the kids and I swim. Brock can even take swimming lessons, tennis lessons and golf lessons at his age! Here is the link to the club. http://www.bgcc1913.com/ They even have a competitive swim team for ages 5 and up. You can see pictures at the website. The pictures from members really give you a good idea on the activities for kids. It also shows just how beautiful the course is. It really is breathtaking there! We have a 55.00 minimum for food per month which we paid up front so our food is taken care of for the remainder of the year...unless we spend more than 55.00. If we don't use it, we lose it! I'm excited about July 19th. They have what is called Radio Disney Dive-In Movie. They have activities beginning at 2:00 p.m. (a pool party with music and games) folled by Ratatouille at 7:30. They play the movie at the pool, provide popcorn and the best part is that we

No comments: