Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lordy Lordy, I'm tired...OH and I have GREAT NEWS!

I haven't hardly slept all night...thanks Berkley. :-) It's 2:55 a.m. and I'm not even going to bother going to bed. I've slept a little but not nearly enough. Running on pure adrenaline right now and I'm sure right about daylight, I'll crash!
I went for a job interview on Monday. Everyone asks are a stay at home mom, why would you want to work if you don't have to. That is a misconception. I do need a little income for myself. I want my own money to spend how I please, so even a part-time job would be great. I have been a stay-at-home mom off and on for four years and honestly, I want some adult interaction. I LOVE to be home with the kids but a part-time job would do us all some good. Plus, I would have adult interaction...haha. Did I mention that already???
I interviewed at Kentucky Legal Aid on Monday for a receptionist position. Light duties, phones, mail, and since I'm an actual Paralegal and have experience in that area, they will give me more things to do. There is always room to advance after time too. I played phone tag with the lady on Tuesday and we didn't get into touch with one another. I actually had another interview lined up for yesterday at 2:00 p.m. with a bank. At 1:30, I received a call from Legal Aid and she said there was one problem with the job. The schedule had changed to the morning shift (8:30 to 12:45) and wanted to know if that was okay. OF COURSE, I told her and she offered me the position. I think I screamed in her ear! I told her I was very excited and happy and she said she was very happy to have me working there and was happy that I was so happy! So, it's only 4 hours a day...I'll be done around lunch time and it still gives me plenty of time for any kind of appointments and activities with the kids! I go in for paperwork on Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. and start Monday morning!!! Kentucky Legal Aid serves low income families mainly in family law and services 35 counties in Kentucky. It is an excellent organization and I'm very proud to be a part of it. They have such a NICE and BEAUTIFUL office also!
Brock overheard us talking about working and job interviews and he promptly told granny that he doesn't want mommy to work and that I need to stay home. Brock's perception of work is what his daddy does. On the road and not home all week and then home on the weekends. I believe he is afraid that mommy will leave for a week and come home for a few days and do the same all over again. The great thing is, he loves to sleep late so I'll be home from work when he is still lounging around.
I got a call from pre-school yesterday wanted to know if I wanted him on the wait list to be considered for fall placement (Big Red School at WKU). I told them sure. It makes me SICK to think that next year at this time he will be starting KINDERGARTEN. I have a friend and her son starts on Tuesday. She's so distraught about it, she took Monday and Tuesday off. One thing about her son though, he's been in daycare since he was a baby so he is used to being away from her. My child on the other hand, freaks out when he doesn't know where I am. Brock doesn't do that all the time but he goes through spells where he thinks he lost me and he'll say, "Mommy, I so sorry I lost you."
Greg is playing in ANOTHER golf tournament this weekend...UGH. Sounded good the other day but now I realize he will be gone the whole weekend pretty much. The ONLY good thing is that the country club is having a dinner and dance for participants in the tournament on Saturday night! WUHU! He mentioned that and I promptly replied, "sure, you can do it!!!" I love getting dressed up and I LOVE to dance.
My ex-boss...don't get me started on him...has been a member at the club for many years. I haven't ran into him, THANK GOD, but Greg sees him all the time on the course. Apparently (and my friend that works in his office told me this) his wife saw me at the clubhouse, came into the office and ran and told him and he saw Greg and I in the dining room eating one evening. He told Michelle that he just "couldn't believe it." I know he thinks we aren't good enough and that we don't have enough money to join but the fact of the matter is, I'm sure we make a ton more than he does and he's an attorney!!! I saw his sister-in law in Wal-Mart the other day. I said hello to her and reminded her who I was and she said she knew me but couldn't place me. I told her that I'd had a little girl and she couldn't believe it has been a year and a half since I'd been working for him. I told her that he fired me the day after I found out I was pregnant with Berkley and she said she didn't know he fired me. I told her that he did, that I wasn't afraid to say that and that somethings in life are truly blessings in disguise! I'm just hoping that I can get a good, fresh start on this new position and hopefully erase those bad times in my life. I didn't get let go because of my performance. I was always praised for performance. He was a collections attorney and I completely brought in 5 times the amount of money than his previous secretary. I call her a secretary because she was nothing more than that. I had health issues...ovary removed, endometriosis surgery and an extra sinus cavity removed while I worked for him. I realize it put him in a horrible position because I was the only one that worked for him but those were things that I could not control. Thankfully, those issues are resolved with a partial hysterectomy last December. I have one lonely ovary hanging out in there. I know, too much information!
Anyhow, I've rambled on enough! Have a great day everyone. I hope I make it through without collapsing!

No comments: